Nothing beats smoking a bong and watching a trippy lava lamp. Kill two birds with one stoner by checking out this list of the five best lava lamp bongs.
Fat Buddha Glass 12’’ Lava Lamp Bong
This isn’t your traditional lava lamp bong. Its vase shape and thin bowl handle help you look good while feeling good.
Lava Lamp Silicone Water Pipe
This lava lamp bong is a conversation starter everywhere you go. Luckily it’s made of silicone for easy transport.
Our Top 5 Picks for Lava Lamp Bongs
Want to go up in smoke like Cheech and Chong? Practice some free love and get lost in the bubbles with these top five bongs that look like lava lamps
We’re going to cover:
- The top 5 lava lamp bongs.
- Where to get the best lava lamp bongs.
- What is the best portable lava lamp bong.
1. Hemper 70’s Bong
Kick-off the party with the Hemper 70’s Bong. Its short stature makes this water pipe a study piece for accident-prone party-goers.
You don’t get much of a show from the lava inside the bong, as they lie still while you draw. However, they do help cool down the smoke as it enters the mouthpiece.
I wouldn’t count on the Hemper 70’s Bong for an everyday piece. Drain holes don’t line up with the mouthpiece.
It’s difficult to get water and excess flower out from the inline percolator. Plus, it’s challenging to clean around the lava decor. These faulty features can lead to mold growth.
- 7 Inches Tall
- 14mm Male Bowl
- Borosilicate Glass
- Inline Percolator
- Frosted Base
- Lava Lamp Filtration
- Durable Piece
- Comes in Three Colors
- Easy to Transport and Bring to Parties
- Nice Inline Percolator
- Extremely Difficult to Clean
- Might Be Susceptible to Mold Growth
2. Mathematix Glass Groovy Tube Dab Rig
If you’re looking for a stunning work of art while you draw on big bong hits, then the Mathematix Glass Groovy Tube Dab Rig is for you. Its effervescent lava decor dances and shines along clouds of purified smoke.
This piece comes with a multiple hole poke percolator. Hot smoke will be pushed through tiny holes that help disperse the heat. Each rip will be easy on the lungs so that you can spend more time laughing and less time coughing.
The Mathematix Glass Groovy Tube Dab Rig comes in two sizes. You can opt for a lava lamp bong that’s 8.5 inches tall with a 2.50-inch base or 11.5 inches tall with a 3.75-inch base.
Both options are made with borosilicate glass. The solid base on both also guarantees Mr. Wild Elbows doesn’t knock over the bong when he’s grabbing his Powerade.
- 2 Size Options (8” x 2.5” or 11.5” x 3.75”)
- 14mm Male Joint
- 14mm Female Bowl
- 5mm Borosilicate Glass
- Multiple Hole Poke Percolator
- Pretty Design
- Easy to Clean
- Comes in Two Sizes
- Not the Strongest Percolator
- More Expensive Than Other Options
3. Fat Buddha Glass 12’’ Lava Lamp Bong
This piece isn’t your run-of-the-mill lava lamp bong. Its chic design and articulate color scheme also make the Fat Buddha Glass 12″ Lava Lamp Bong an excellent addition to your decor.
We absolutely love the bowl. It comes with an elegant handle, curved to fit perfectly in between your fingers as you clear the pipe. Pair this bong with the Lava Cake strain for the perfect combo.
Plus, the bowl comes with a built-in screen. This filter will save bud from going swimming. Having a screen will also cut down on cleaning time!
That doesn’t mean you get away scot-free. The thin joint lends itself to clogging. So, be ready to clear that out before clearing your next bong hit.
This water pipe doesn’t come with a percolator. That makes this one of the easiest lava lamp bongs to clean. However, it also produces the warmest smoke.
- 12 Inches Tall
- Bowl Comes with Handle and Screen
- Vase Design
- Really Attractive Piece
- Built-In Screen Saves Money and Cleaning Time
- Handle on Bowl Makes for Easy Clearing
- Plenty of Colors to Choose From
- Joint Gets Clogged
- No Percolator
4. The Lava Lamp Water Pipe
Like the Hemper’s 70’s Bong, The Lava Lamp Water Pipe is a small but functional bong. However, it is a little less thick than the Hemper’s 70 Bong.
The glass used to make The Lava Lamp Water Pipe has a 3.175mm thick. Comparatively, other bongs on this list are 5mm. So, this lava lamp bong is more prone to breaking.
It’s also not the most aesthetically-pleasing. The lava bubbles in the middle more resemble human organs.
This decor makes cleaning a bit of a challenge but not as hard as it can be maintaining the Hemper.
While small in stature, this water bong has one of the best filtration systems. It’s a puck percolator with four slits that disperse smoke in multiple directions. Each rip is cool to the taste buds, so you can enjoy every flavor profile in your bud.
- 7.25 Inches Tall
- 2.75 Inch Base
- 7.9 Ounces
- 3.175mm Thick Glass
- 14mm Female Joint
- 14mm Male Bowl
- 4-Slit Puck Percolator
- Strong Filtration System Allows for Cooler Puffs
- Easy to Travel With
- Easier to Clean Than Other Lava Lamp Bongs
- Thinner Glass Than Others
- Doesn’t Look Much Like Lava Bubbles
5. Lava Lamp Silicone Water Pipe
Take your psychedelic experience on-the-go with the Lava Lamp Silicone Water Pipe. This item is one of the most popular silicone bongs on Smoke Cartel.
Silicone is near indestructible. While that means this bong travels well, it’s also taller than some of the other lava lamp bongs on this list.
While the bong’s body is made of silicone, the water chamber is still made of borosilicate glass. This thick glass does travel well, but you can’t treat this lava lamp bong like other foldable silicone bongs.
There is very little space between the two lava decals in the middle. That makes cleaning this piece a bit difficult.
It also allows little room for smoke diffusion. Thankfully, the Lava Lamp Silicone Water Pipe also comes with an inline percolator.
- 8.5 Inches Tall
- 14.5mm Female Bowl
- BPA-free grade V1 Platinum Cured Silicone
- Inline Percolator
- Silicone Base is Almost Indestructible
- Inline Percolator is Effective for Such a Small Chamber
- Really Awesome Looking
- Still Contains Glass
- Very Hard to Clean
- Taller Than Other Portable Bongs
Commonly asked questions
How does a lava lamp bong work?
A lava lamp bong works by using the fluid movement of oil and water to create a unique and visually appealing vaporization experience. The bong typically consists of a clear glass chamber filled with oil and water. The oil and water are immiscible, meaning that they do not mix and form separate layers in the bong.
When the bong is heated, the oil rises and falls in a fluid, bubbly motion, creating a mesmerizing visual effect that is similar to a lava lamp. The smoke from the vaporized concentrate is drawn through the water, which helps to filter and cool the smoke, resulting in a smooth and enjoyable inhalation experience.
To use a lava lamp bong, the concentrate is placed on a heating element, such as a nail or banger, which is then heated. The resulting vapor is drawn into the bong, passing through the oil and water, and is then inhaled through the mouthpiece.
Lava lamp bongs are often favored for their unique visual appeal and the added benefits of water filtration. However, it is important to note that the oil used in the bong can affect the taste of the vapor, so it is important to choose high-quality oil that is safe for use with vaporization.
In conclusion, a lava lamp bong works by using the fluid motion of oil and water to create a visually appealing and filtered vaporization experience. It is important to choose high-quality oil and to follow proper heating and handling techniques to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
What glass is best for Bong?
The best glass for a bong is subjective and depends on personal preference, but some common materials that are used include:
- Borosilicate glass: This is a type of glass that is known for its durability and heat resistance, making it a popular choice for bongs. Borosilicate glass is also less likely to crack or break if dropped, making it a good choice for those who are looking for a more durable bong.
- Scientific glass: This type of glass is known for its clarity and simplicity, making it a popular choice for those who prefer a more straightforward and functional bong. Scientific glass is also typically more affordable than other types of glass, making it a good choice for those who are looking for a high-quality bong that is easy on the budget.
- Quartz: This type of glass is known for its high thermal conductivity and resistance to thermal shock, making it a popular choice for dab rigs and bongs. Quartz is also easy to clean and maintain, making it a good choice for those who are looking for a low-maintenance bong.
Should I soak my bong overnight?
Yes, soaking your bong overnight can help to remove buildup and residue that can accumulate over time and affect the flavor of the vapor. To soak a bong, it should be filled with a cleaning solution such as isopropyl alcohol and salt, or a specialized bong cleaner, and left to soak for several hours or overnight.
Soaking the bong helps to loosen and dissolve any built-up residue, making it easier to clean the bong thoroughly. After soaking, the bong should be rinsed thoroughly with water and dried before using it again.
It is important to regularly clean a bong to maintain its performance and ensure that the vapor is as pure and flavorful as possible. Soaking a bong overnight is an effective and efficient way to clean the bong and keep it in top condition.
Why is thicker glass better for bongs?
Thicker glass is often considered to be better for bongs for several reasons:
- Durability: Thicker glass is more resistant to breakage and is less likely to crack or shatter if dropped. This makes it a good choice for those who are looking for a more durable bong.
- Heat Resistance: Thicker glass can better withstand high temperatures and is less likely to deform or break due to thermal stress. This is important for bongs that are used for vaporizing, as the heating element can reach high temperatures.
- Better Filtering: Thicker glass can better filter the smoke, providing a smoother and more enjoyable inhale.
- Improved Aesthetics: Thicker glass can provide a more substantial and visually appealing appearance, making it a good choice for those who are looking for a bong with a high-end look and feel.
In conclusion, thicker glass is often considered to be better for bongs due to its durability, heat resistance, better filtering capabilities, and improved aesthetics. It is important to choose a bong that is made from high-quality glass that is durable and able to provide an enjoyable vaporization experience.
Is silicone or glass better for bongs?
Silicone and glass both have their own unique advantages and disadvantages for bongs.
Glass bongs provide a more traditional and aesthetically pleasing experience, and are often preferred for their clarity and ability to filter the smoke effectively. They are also easy to clean and maintain but can be fragile and break easily if dropped.
Silicone bongs are more durable and flexible and are less likely to break if dropped. They are also easy to clean and maintain and come in a variety of colors and shapes. However, silicone bongs can affect the flavor of the vapor and may not provide the same level of filtration as a glass bong.
Ultimately, the choice between silicone and glass bongs depends on personal preference and intended use. If durability and ease of maintenance are the top priorities, silicone bongs may be the better choice, while glass bongs may be preferred for their traditional appearance and better filtration capabilities.
All of these lava lamp bongs will surely provide you with a shagadelic experience. Of the five, Mathematix Glass Groovy Tube Dab Rig might be the best. While it’s a little more money, it’s the easiest to clean. Therefore, you’re less likely to replace it due to mold growth.
Provided by Gravity Distributor