The operation and principle of dab rigs is very simple. There are many terms and phrases that can be confusing for newcomers.
We’re here because of that! Let’s take a look at anatomy of dab rigs. Let’s take a look at the most important pieces and explain why they are called what they are.
Let’s get started!
Parts of a Dab Rig
You might find fancy accessories or extra parts to enhance your dab experience on some dab rigs. Most dab rigs share the same basic set of components.
Here is the breakdown of a basic dab-rig:
- A Bong or Water Pipe: Every dab rig must have a water pipe . It’s a regular bong, nothing more! The bong allows the dab vapor to cool down as it passes through the chambers. It also provides water filtration, which helps in cooling the vapor and cleaning it before it reaches your lungs. You can use any bong or waterpipe, provided you have the right sized.
- Nail or Banger? The nail (or banger) is the business end to your dab rig. This is what heats your concentrates with an electric heat source or torch. The nails are usually made from titanium or quartz and consist of a thin, long piece of metal or quartz that can withstand repeated heating. Bangers are usually made from quartz and have a small, bowl-shaped shape. Nails and bangers accomplish the same thing. It is up to you which one you prefer.
- Torch: A torch is needed to heat things up. These torch are typically propane or butane torches. You can also use smaller torch lighters to accomplish the same task.
- Dab Tool These small metal pieces are used to load and modify your concentrate. This is the most important piece of a dab tool, even though it may seem small and insignificant. It brings your concentrates into contact the heated banger, or dab.
These are the four essential pieces for a basic dab kit. There are some extras that you might find:
- The Electronic Nail, or eNail is an electronic nail that lets you avoid the open flame and torches. Electronic nails can be connected to a wall outlet and use an electric heating element to heat the nail. Simply plug it in and turn it on. Then wait for the heat to give you a tasty dab.
- Vapor Dome/Vapor Curve: A Vapor Dome, or vapor curve, is a slightly more complex version of a banger. These include a glass “hood”, which captures the vapor. This can make it easier to take a puff, especially for beginners.
How do you choose the best rig for dabbing?
It can be difficult to get into the world of dabbing. It can seem daunting to use THC concentrates because of all the parts that go into a traditional rig. E-rigs are much simpler to use than traditional rigs, which have many pieces and parts. You don’t need an external torch to use them, and they are usually complete in the same way they came.
It’s easy to get overwhelmed by all the options available when you are ready to buy a dab rig. It can be difficult to grasp terms such as “burn”, “domes”, and “nails.” But you don’t have to feel like a fish out water. There are a variety of dab rigs available, including simple, low-end devices and more advanced models with a range of additional features.
The pieces that you use to enjoy concentrates have also changed over the years. The options are overwhelming if you have never used a concentrate rig. A standard dab rig kit will require three parts: a nail and a glass piece. You can go cheap and most cost-effective, but you should also pay attention to the heating element or nail.
Provided by Gravity Distributor